Irssi 1.2.0 Released
Posted on February 11th 2019
Happy lunar new year from the Irssi Team!
Irssi 1.2.0 has been released. This release is the result of all the contributions Irssi received in the past year. Of course, it includes all the security fixes from Irssi 1.1.2.
23 users contributed to this release. In total 174 files changed with 9215 line insertions and 1602 line deletions. Thanks everyone!
Another thanks for those helping us test Irssi by running the Git version!
Some notable changes:
/statusbarhas a whole new syntax
- /1 /2 /3 ... removed from default config (available as new setting
- Private notices intended for channels are now displayed on the channel (new setting
- The assumed width of characters can now be configured (new setting
Some interesting new features:
- The "Off-the-record" module is now included in the Irssi source
- Initial version of horizontal splits
- Formatting support for the input line, for example to hilight wrong words with spell checker script
See the NEWS for details.
After installing the new release, you can use
/upgrade to re-launch
your Irssi binary, but don't forget to
/save first. TLS connections
will break and require manual
/reconnect 1 and so on. To save and
restore the window content, load the
buf.pl script and make sure it
is in autorun. Starting with Irssi 1.1.0, you can also save and
restore your command history --
/script install savecmdhist and make
sure it is in autorun as well.
We are committed to put security, stability and regression fixes on subsequent 1.2.x releases, as we have done for 1.1.
As usual, there remains a lot to be done. We are always looking for help, so you can check the bugs and see if you can fix some, or implement some of the enhancement requests.
This release can be downloaded from our releases page. Binary test packages for various Linux distributions are automatically generated by the openSUSE Build Service and are available for download in the irssi-test repository.
The Irssi Team.