- Frequently Asked Questions
- Startup How-To
- Check the built-in
/HELP, it has all the details on command syntax
- Manual, a bit dated and unfinished
If your irssi crashes, it’s always a bug. Please read bugreporting howto and send one. For other type of bugs, it would still be nice to hear of them, but chances are that it’s already known. Send all bugreports to irssi’s bug reporting system, but check if it has already been reported first.
- Tips & Tricks
- Irssi Proxy, the mini-bnc module
- Colour Formats
- Special Variables
- Irssi 0.8.17 Tips
- About Irssi (historical)
- General guide to Irssi and GNU screen
- Split windows handling
- Split windows handling Addendum
- Showing events in different windows
- Connecting to networks with SASL
- Connecting to Freenode with CertFP (no password)
- Scripting Tutorial, by Juerd
- Perl Scripting Reference
- (Unofficial) Irssi Scripting and Documentation Wiki
Read the INSTALL file that comes with irssi, it explains the most common problems.
Read the FAQ
before asking anything.
The Startup How-To is quite useful as well.
And if you just want to know about some setting, you could very well guess
it yourself too, like if you want to change something related to windows,
If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, and googling didn’t help either,
try asking on IRC in