Irssi 1.1.2 Released
Posted on January 9th 2019
Happy New Year from the Irssi Team!
Irssi 1.1.2 has been released! This release fixes some stability issues in Irssi 1.1 as well as a few bug fixes. There are no new features. All Irssi 1.1 users should upgrade to this version. See the NEWS for details.
For more information refer to the security advisory.
This release can be downloaded from our releases page. Binary test packages for various Linux distributions are automatically generated by the openSUSE Build Service and are available for download in the irssi-test repository.
Please check with your distribution whether they provide officially updated packages.
We currently do not have any alternate advice.
In the meantime, the following interesting changes happened in the development version of Irssi:
- Syntax for the the /STATUSBAR commands was improved (#858)
- Private notices intended for channels are now displayed on the channel (new setting notice_channel_context) (#959)
- The “Off-the-record” module was imported into the Irssi tree (#854, #589, #196)
These functions are now also available from Perl (#973):
string_width(str) string_chars_for_width(str, width) wcwidth(char)
- Added a completion_keep_word setting (#979)
- Allow hiding of lines through the /IGNORE system (#901, #900, #892, #890, #884, #937)
- Add autolog_only_saved_channels setting, to autolog only channels that are in the config (#968)
- Prevent config truncation when no space left. By dequis and Lukas Waymann (#922, #925, #910, #909, #906, #871, #817)
- Time-out broken SSL connections (#866, #130)
- Make default keybinds deletable (#859, #507)
Feel welcome to join our IRC channel for any questions.
The Irssi Team.